There are numerous benefits to being a member of a swimming and racquet club, but why the Springfield Swimming & Racquet Club, specifically? Well, here are just a few of the reasons:
- SSRC Offers a clean & friendly atmosphere, and a facility that has been in the neighborhood from the beginning. This creates a greater sense of community and history - you'll meet lots of members here who remember the old days!
- We are a year-round facility. Tennis is available during daylight hours year round, weather permitting. The facility and grounds can be made available for use any time for special events by our members, but no water or restroom facilities available after pool closes.
- Our school aged junior members may join the swim and dive teams, and get healthy while learning to cooperate in a team environment, in a program that emphasizes good sportsmanship. Excellent coaching with practice and lessons provided in the afternoons during school, and then weekday mornings during the summer.
- Members may use the facilities for kid's birthday parties, private parties and cookouts for a small rental fee - this includes the use of our gas BBQ grills, patio, and pavilion.
- Members enjoy not only swimming and tennis, but also other activities, and both a nice shady pavilion to relax under, and a sunny patio to enjoy an ice cream. Kids enjoy playing in safety inside our fenced upper tennis courts -- when not in use for tennis, that is.
- Speaking of ice cream, members enjoy the benefits of our concession stand. All kinds of ice cream and prepackaged snacks and beverages are available throughout the summer.
- Our members have many opportunities to participate in the community. SSRC maintains a close connection to the Springfield Civic Association, local school PTAs, and community churches.
- SSRC regularly holds special events, including adults-only pool parties during the swim season where we can have a drink, relax, and get to know each other better. Music is provided. There are many opportunities for pot luck.
- We also have special events just for families and kids, and parties just for junior members, including a (supervised) sleepover at the pool!
- Do you enjoy gardening as a hobby - or as a way to relax and let the stress of the week go? Your place already well landscaped? Come and use your green thumb at SSRC! All of our beautiful landscaping has been done by volunteers and there is always more to do! Another great way to get exercise without going to a health club.
- Have a business? Members in good standing are given preference in bidding for contracting work that needs to be done at our facility. Additionally, members in good standing may advertise their services FREE here on our website.
- SSRC always offers lots of ways to volunteer - in fact, our facility is run and maintained by volunteers... and although volunteering to the club and your community is rewarding enough in itself, we also reward our volunteers generously in many ways, including special honors events!
Thanks so much for visiting our site! For all these reasons and more, we hope you'll consider joining your frends and neighbors here at SSRC!